Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ouch!


Working around the apt. and a screwdriver just slipped and nailed my thumb. Intense pain. Right where the skin is directly below the nail. I stared at it while it throbbed. There was a small white mark where the screwdriver hit against flesh but no blood. Throbbing continued. I felt as I did when I first watched Gaspar Noe's 2002 movie, "Irreversible" a while back. I knew something bad was going to happen and there was a throbbing intensity to both (my thumb in this scenario and the music and frantic camera in the movie). Next (in my scenario, not the movie) a small pinhead of blood appeared at the aforementioned white mark. "It hurts like the dickens but not bleeding so bad" I thought to myself. I took my eye off my thumb for a moment. Probably trying to figure out my next step in placing the shelves up in the closet. I glanced back at my thumb while pondering my next home repair move. The blood began to pool around my thumb nail. Rivulets of red encapsulated my thumb. I dashed to the sink, not wanting to compound insult to injury by dripping blood all over the place. Nor did I wish to attract the neighborhood vampires. Who needs them skulking around? I washed the thumb off a few times using warm water although I think cold water would feel better. I fumbled around the medicine cabinet with a wet, bloody thumb to locate a band-aid. I proceeded to take out some odd shaped band-aid. The two immediate thoughts I had: why would I ever use such an odd shaped band-aid and why are there so many in the band-aid box seem to answer one another. Finally locating a proper sized band-aid I applied it with some dexterity. It really wasn't bleeding so bad anymore. And the throbbing stopped. No vampires around either. Now back to the stupid shelves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am serious about doing a reverse mobile search by going on the internet. I am getting all these calls by someone that I don't know and am concerned who believe that they are contacting. All sorts of crazy texting and also messages are being left on my personal voice mail and it's beginning to drive me nuts. And so, where should i find these reverse cellphone search sites?