Saturday, July 19, 2008

ETHIOPIA: Photos from bus ride to Bahir Dar


Here's some photos to go with the previous posts. I'll try to add photos to my posts as relevance allows.

It was hazy over the gorge but I think these two photos still show its natural beauty.





Here is a road sign warning about dangers while driving on the switchbacks and through the construction area. I don't think our bus driver paid any mind to the skull and cross bones.



Here's the village we waited in for a few hours. Look at the line of parked vehicles.



I snapped this photo while we buzzed past a head of cattle. The speed of the bus and the sound of the horn managed to push them aside. There were more cattle on the other side of the bus and still some in front. But we never slowed.



Lake Tana. Another hazy day. That's me standing on the volcanic rocks.



No comments: