Friday, June 27, 2008

ETHIOPIA: For The Boids


One day on my way home I came across hundreds of small birds. Some were muddy brown all over and others were red breasted. They were all over the place, taking over the road and forming a dirty brown carpet over it as they flew low to ground looking for safe haven as anyone or anything approached. It was difficult to get a photo as they scattered if I got within 20 feet. I did manage to snap a few pics. Unfortunately, due to their evasive nature, the photos do not adequately portray their density in the road or how awfully tiny they were. Their diminutiveness and sheer quantity intrigued me. This photo taking did draw the curiosity of some neighborhood kids who came running up to me to see what the hubbub was about. They didn’t seem too impressed that I would be taking pictures of birds. I haven’t run into the birds again. I have run into the kids again.




No comments: